GMG Academy, Tübingen • DFTA Technologiezentrum at Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart (Germany) • On request
This training is designed for all stakeholders throughout the process chain of packaging printing production. It reaches for print suppliers, brand owner, prepress specialists and printers who want to be up to date for the printing industry, digital printing and color management. Participants can either have a technical or more business- oriented background.
As digital printing enters the packaging market, professional color management is essential to exploit the maximum potential when combining digital and conventional systems. In this workshop we will show you the differences between conventional systems and digital and how to connect them with the latest color management technology for perfect results. This course is a practical workshop to understand interfacing parts of both technologies, solve challenges and raise ideas for new business opportunities.
Day 1: Color Management and Digital printing
- Color management overview: Standardization, normalization, automation, characterization, profile creation and conversion
- Digital packaging printing (inkjet Technologies, print heads, characteristics, parameters)
- RIP setttings for digital presses - tips & tricks
- Fingerprinting on digital printing press
- Measurement and production control
Day 2: Flexographic printing, profiling for proof and separation
- Flexographic printing overview (platemaking, mounting, advanced flexo printing)
- Test form creation for flexo
- Fingerprinting on Flexo printing press
- Evaluation of the quality of your measurement data and latest tools
- Creation of valuable characterization data for custom profiling
- Press Profiling (flexo and digital)
- Proof and separation profile creation
Day 3: Multicolor, ECG - Conversion and Production
- Extended color gamut printing
- Profile modification and optimization with GMG ProfileEditor – What is possible?
- Best Practice: Spot color handling with ColorServer and GMG ColorProof
- Separation and automated file conversion
- Practical demonstrations - Production prints on a flexo or digital press
GMG Academy, Tübingen and DFTA Technologiezentrum at Media University, Stuttgart
Three days, each 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
1485 € excl. VAT per person incl. drinks, snacks, training materials and results of the practical sessions
Number of participants
Max. 20 participants; Min. 5 participants